Our beloved Padma Shri M. Mohan Babu, envisioned a campus infrastructure that will match International standards. With this in mind, our buildings are aesthetically designed with State-of-the-art laboratories, a well stacked library that is digitally equipped. Our centrally air conditioned seminar halls and auditorium with6.5 Mbps Internet speed the beautiful landscapes promote a healthy learning environment. Central facilities such as Bank, Internet with Wi Fi facility Canteen, Transport, etc. are also available.
We also promote learning beyond classrooms through seminars, workshops, symposiums, guest lectures, paper presentations and personality development programmes.
This 450 seating auditorium is centrally air conditioned and is often the point of intellectual activities like seminars, conferences, guest lectures.
Meetings of the Governing Council and Heads of Institutions are held here at the Conference Hall.
Tummala Gopala Rao Auditorium
The college is equipped with yet another auditorium that houses 200 people where seminar, conferences and workshops are held regularly.
A modern Computer Centre caters to the day–to-day advancements in Information Technology. The college has equipped with excellent computing facility. At present the Computer centre is equipped with over 60 terminals with necessary accessories, which are supported by appropriate software. Internet facility is available with 6.5 MB leased line. This facility is provided to the student at free of cost from morning 08.00 A.M. to 08.00 P.M. through out the year.
Library is very spacious and equipped with 6500 Volumes and 1025 Titles, 6 International journals and 17 Indian Journals. Library is also equipped with Internet facility and provides document delivery services as well as reprography facility. Internet facility is provided to the students free of cost from morning 08.00 A.M. to 07.00 P.M. through out the year.
An independent Animal House is available on the college campus for housing the laboratory animals that will be necessary for teaching the students ofB. Pharm. and M. Pharm. classes as well as for carrying out pre-clinical studies by doctoral students. Our Animal House is built as per the norms of CPCSEA (Committee for the Purpose of Supervision of Experiments on Animals, Ministry of Forests and Environment, Govt. of India) and is also the mandatory requirement of PCI (Pharmacy Council of India) and AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education). Various laboratory animals like Swiss mice, Wistar rats and white rabbits, are procured from Disease Free approved Animal House, SVE, Bangalore as and when required and they are stored here for fturer use in teaching and research. Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) has been constituted as per the norms of CPCSEA. Dr. N.V. Sreekanth Babu, Founder & Hon. Chairman, Animal Care Land, Tirupati is the CPCSEA nominee (nominated by the Government of India) and Dr. V.H. Rao, Professor and Head, Physiology Department, College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati is the link nominee (nominated by the Government of India) on IAEC of Sree Vidyanikethan College of Pharmacy. Dr. S. Mohana Lakshmi, Professor of Pharmacognosy is the Member-Secretary of IAEC. Along with them, there are 8 more members of IAEC. Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) has given us the permission to carry out various experiments on small animals and our institution is cautious of the experimental protocols of all research projects involving animal usage. It also takes care and advises the researchers/students policies and practices concerning the care and use of animals. Since pre-clinical research is very essential before carrying out the clinical trials, in new drug discovery, the faculty and students are engaged in Anti diabetic, anti-cancer, anti-anxiety, anti-hyperlipidaemia, anti – atherosclerotic, anti-urolithiasis, wound healing, anti-nephrotoxic, anti-ulcer, anti-obesity, cardiovascular activities.
Take a look at ourfacilities available in the Animal House:
- Round the clock air conditioned animal House consists of separate cabins for storing of various small laboratory animals such as Swiss mice, Wistar rats, New Zealand white rabbits to avoid disease transmission and inter-species conflicts.
- The rooms are diurnally operated lighting mechanism providing 12 hrs of light and 12 hrs of dark cycle with 100% fresh air.
- A well ventilated washing room can be found that is used for washing the animal cages and other equipment.
- A changing room for the animal attendant.
- Care is taken to ensure that only authorized personnel are allowed to access animal facility that will help minimize risk of microbial contamination. These personnel are well experienced and trained in animal handling and care.
- Good laboratory practices are followed in the maintenance of animals all through. There are three Pharmacology laboratories dedicated to pre-clinical studies and research work in Pharmacology.
- Additionally, there are separate rooms for storing all records, Animal feed and project presentations.